NORWALK, Conn. – This is a press release, presented in the format in which it was sent:
Norwalk, Connecticut – The City of Norwalk has a project, State Project 102-359 Reconstruction of the Flax Hill Road at Highland Avenue Intersection. Preliminary design has been completed and the project is slated for construction under the Local Road Accident Reduction Program administered by the Connecticut Department of Transportation.
It is the City’s and the State’s policy to keep persons informed and involved when such projects are undertaken. It is important that the community share its concerns to assist in the project’s development. The City will conduct an informational meeting on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 7:00 in Room 231, Norwalk City Hall, 125 East Avenue, Norwalk, CT.
It is planned to improve the configuration of the intersection to provide for safer pedestrian and vehicular movement through the intersection.
Based upon a preliminary assessment, the construction cost will be approximately $400,000.
The Federal Highway Administration will provide 90% of the construction cost with the City providing the remaining 10% of the construction cost.
Anyone interested in obtaining further information or providing input on the project may do so by contacting:
Michael M. Yeosock,
PE Assistant Principal Engineer
Norwalk Department of Public Works
This press release was posted as a public service. A press release is a written announcement submitted to news organizations to publicize an event or activity, a milestone or a point of view. NancyOnNorwalk has not researched the assertions made and takes no responsibility for the content.