Updated, 6:23 p.m., Dec. 28: Full list of salaries added; minor copyedit.
NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk Superintendent of Schools Steven Adamowski easily tops the list of Norwalk salaries in 2017.
Adamowski earned $254,998.92 in 2017, according to a list released Wednesday by Norwalk Comptroller Frederic Gilden. Second on the list is Norwalk Police Officer Javier Mogollon, who earned $207,483.67.
Norwalk Police Officer Russell Ouellette earned $201,234.99. Officer David Nieves earned $200,016.75.
Norwalk Police officers earn money above their base salaries by taking extra duty assignments for private companies and by putting in overtime for the city. The city gets a 15 percent administrative fee for every hour of extra duty worked by police officers, Sgt. David Orr has said. Common Council members have said that overtime actually saves the city money as the price of benefits is high and there is a need to cover emergencies. Overtime doesn’t count toward an officer’s pension and is often paid for by federal funds, asset forfeiture funds or state funds, officials have said.
There are seven police officers in the top 10. In fact, the top 49 earners are either police officers or Norwalk Public Schools employees.
Norwalk Finance Director Bob Barron is 50 on the list, earning $163,822.75.
The top 25:
- Superintendent of Schools Steven Adamowski $254,998.92
- Officer Javier Mogollon $207,483.67
- Officer Russell Ouellette $201,234.99
- Officer David Nieves $200,016.75
- Sgt. Greg Scully $197,242.87
- Officer George Daley $196,794.63
- Officer Michael DiMeglio $194,645.62
- NPS Director of Technology and Innovations Ralph Valenzisi $194,564.45
- Sgt. Joseph Moquin $189,931.87
- Norwalk High School Principal Reginald Roberts $189,587.55
- Lt. John Praveen $ 187,937.24
- Chief of School Operations Frank Costanzo $187,624.95
- NPS Chief Financial Officer Thomas Hamilton, $185,014.04
- Officer Paul Wargo $181,156.86
- Officer John Haggerty $179,791.66
- West Rocks Middle School Principal Lynne Moore $ 177,789.03
- Ponus Ridge Middle School Principal Damon Lewis $176,289.19
- Roton Middle School Principal Joseph Vellucci $176,289.15
- Brien McMahon High School Housemaster Marie Allen $176,288.77
- Nathan Hale Middle School Principal Albert Sackey $176,288.77
- Lt. Marc Lepore $175,537.72
- Brien McMahon High School teacher Joseph Maddaffari $173,091.74
- Brien McMahon High School Principal Scott Hurwitz $172,030.46
- Officer Michael Silva $171,435.48
- Marvin Elementary School Principal Sue-Ellen O’Shea $171,434.02