NORWALK, Conn. – This is a press release, presented in a slightly altered format from which it was sent:
Return of Sound Off: What’s New? Plenty.
Monday, February 12, at 6:30 PM at Silver Star Diner, 210 CT Ave, Norwalk
Experts provide short presentations:
- “Solution proposed to a 2000 year old problem in oncology” By Michael Retsky, PhD, Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health, Boston, MA,University College London, UK
- “The Secret Atrocities of Factory Farming, And What We Can Do About It” by Patricia Harmon, PhD, author of The Mind of an Innovator: A Guide to Seeing Possibilities Where None Existed Before.
- “Turning Veggies into Yes” Chef Anita will have you saying Yes by the end of the evening. Sample Tastings will be available for the adventurous. by Anita Peters, Masters from Columbia U’s School of International Affairs, and a graduate of Vera Peters culinary school.
Retsky, Harmon, and Peters are members of HFFC.
Other upcoming events at Humanists and Freethinkers of Fairfield County
- Saturday February 24 at 8:30 AM at Panera’s Bread , 1860 Post Road East, Westport CT.
- Saturday Morning Stimulus (Book Club) “Trespassing on Einstein’s Lawn: A Father, a daughter, the Meaning of Nothing, and the beginning of Everything” by Amanda Gefter (2014)
- Monday February 26, 2018, 7:00 pm, At Silver Star Restaurant, 210 CT Ave, Norwalk Science Readers. Contact Dr. Ruth Light, by email, at ([email protected]) for copies of articles, and information. Science Readers is a group within HFFC that picks articles about real current science in a form that is scientifically rigorous, yet generally accessible. Articles are read in advance, and discussed at the meeting. Group members are encouraged to propose articles or topics for future discussion.
- Monday, March 12, 2018, 6:30 pm, at Silver Star Restaurant, 210 CT Ave, Norwalk. “Humanism: Past, Present and Future Shock” live from Ireland, Tom White, a leading voice of the Humanists of Westport, County Mayo, Ireland, will address us. He says it seems that today’s climate change deniers are the same type of devout folk who denied evolution… science isn’t fact to those folk; science is “fake news.” But there are more shocks than evolution and climate change coming down the line; the battle to establish evolution has gone on for 150 years- and still isn’t entirely won- a 150 years in the context of climate change will be far too late. And what’s humanism’s role in all this? There will be plenty of opportunity for questions and answers.
- Saturday, March 17, 2018. Stimulate Your Mind With Cup of Joe at our Saturday Morning Book Discussion: Leonardo Da Vinci by Walter Isaacson.
- Monday March 26, 2018, 7:00 pm, At Silver Star Restaurant, 210 CT Ave, Norwalk Science Readers. Contact Dr. Ruth Light, by email, at ([email protected]) for copies of articles, and information.
- Science Readers, Saturday Morning Stimulus, and Film group are open to HFFC members and first time guests. Membership is only $25 per year for individuals; $35 for family.
This press release was posted as a public service. A press release is a written announcement submitted to news organizations to publicize an event or activity, a milestone or a point of view. NancyOnNorwalk has not researched the assertions made and takes no responsibility for the content.