You’re invited for Post-Election Pizza Nov. 8

NancyOnNorwalk invites you to join us Thursday at Fat Cat Pizza for an informal evening of conversation and community-building.

The election is behind us.  Come and discuss the outcome with Nancy and the NoN Board of Directors, and enjoy some pizza on us.

This is not a fundraiser.  It’s an opportunity to meet and mingle with fellow Norwalkers, to celebrate the work of NancyOnNorwalk, and to get to know each other better – offline.

See you there!

Thursday, Nov. 8 – 6:30-8:30 p.m.

Fat Cat Pizza, 9-11 Wall Street, Norwalk

Mike Mushak November 8, 2018 at 1:12 am

@Victor, I’m sure the NoN pizza party had nothing to do with the event on the Green, the latter of which which was organized by folks I never heard of and just learned about through social media and shared. It’s just pure coincidence that the pepperoni with extra cheese follows the protest of the president and his extra sleaze.

Ron Morris November 8, 2018 at 3:30 am

Victor
The link that you posted says ZERO about this event being part of the protest on the green about the worst president ever Dump and his Russia scandal and cover-up.

Bob Welsh November 8, 2018 at 7:17 am

Victor,

NoN’s pizza and conversation event was announced on Nov. 2.

The NoN board has decreed that Dems should buy drinks for Repubs tonight. Hope you’ll come!

Patrick Cooper November 8, 2018 at 8:09 am

If I might borrow from a former Aflac spokesperson – this notion is quite noble in its intentions – as comedy & tragedy are roommates. Two masks. One laughing, one crying. On the other hand, one might say it is tasteless and insensitive. Perspectives on this election result are quite different.

NoN & Bob – this is just a little “too soon”. You’ll have to pardon my absence, I just can’t in good conscious drink to the demise of this city, and this state. But I’m sure you’ll have plenty who will.

Bob Welsh November 8, 2018 at 9:53 am

@Patrick

Yes, perspectives differ. Some drink in good company, others drink alone. If you’re in that latter category for the time being, we’ll miss you.

For what it’s worth, if I were a Dem, and my party were now solely responsible for solving CT’s fiscal challenges, I would look for a glass of something high-proof.

Victor Cavallo November 8, 2018 at 10:28 am

I apologize that I didn’t, and now can’t, quote Mike’s FB comment connecting the protest to NoN’s pizza party; it has mysteriously disappeared from my FB notifications.

But the following comment, appearing above, certainly reveals that tonight’s party will not exactly be hostility-free within its intended purpose – an informal evening of conversation and community-building.

“It’s just pure coincidence that the pepperoni with extra cheese follows the protest of the president and his extra sleaze.” Mike Mushak

Conclusion: it is not inconceivable that following the protest, protesters will be encouraged to attend the pizza event tonight, especially considering that the protest is likely to disband just before the pizza party starts and the food is free. So, it won’t likely be a safe-space for many of us to engage in post-election “…conversation and community building.” Bob, Nancy: apparently, the timing and purpose of the protest reveals that “the election is (not yet) behind us.”

YMMV

Lisa Brinton Thomson November 8, 2018 at 10:44 am

@ Bob Welsh – Without those in leadership positions reaching out to the middle – it will end up being a poison chalice 🙂 as ‘groupthink’ usually results in irrational, dysfunctional and poor decision making.

Steve Mann November 8, 2018 at 10:52 am

Come on folks. Does no good deed really go unpunished? This is billed as a friendly, civil, community building get together to chat about Nancy’s work, and to give back to subscribers and viewers. It’s a two-way conversation, and your input is welcomed.

As Bob said, the event was planned well before election day, and if the outcome was different, we’d still be getting together. Hope you’ll put differences aside for the evening and come and rub elbows.

Patrick Cooper November 8, 2018 at 10:58 am

@Bob – no, I’m not the “latter” category – that would-be George Thorogood. I prefer “good company”.

As for your comment about Dem’s being “solely” responsible for solving CT’s fiscal problems, let’s see how that tax & spend theory works out for us. It’s a unique way to add more affordable housing; devalue everything until it isn’t worth a dime.

But here is a deal for you: if “Ron Morris” shows up – in jeans or possibly yoga pants – and presents a valid CT driver’s license with that name – I’ll underwrite the entire event. Highly decorated officer Mark Suda can use his UV light to confirm it’s legit.

Bob Welsh November 8, 2018 at 11:34 am

@Victor

If you attend, I promise that you won’t be the only Republican there. I will also buy your first drink, even though I’m not a Dem.

The NoN board will guarantee your safety, and if you have ideas for guidelines that would promote conversation and community building, just let us know.

V November 8, 2018 at 12:18 pm

@Patrick – I was also wondering if Ron Morris would show up along with Ken, Pauly, Andrew and the rest and spew the insults. I don’t absolve either Bryan Meek or Mike Mushak as they too are edited more than should be allowed but at least we know they are real.

Howard November 8, 2018 at 1:33 pm

Although I don’t live in Norwalk, I do keep up with political and electoral developments around CT and elsewhere Just wanted to thank you for the impressive election night and post-election day coverage.

Claire Schoen November 8, 2018 at 2:34 pm

Geez, do you guys ever stop? We all have one thing in common — we care about this city. Different perspectives, sure, but we can still share a beer and a slice.
Maybe we should’ve called this our first meeting of the 12-step Snarky Commenters Anonymous…
Hope to see everyone there!

Bob Welsh November 8, 2018 at 4:00 pm

Ken, I think it’s appropriate for both of you to attend tonight’s event and enjoy some pizza. Hope to see you there!

Alan November 8, 2018 at 6:16 pm

Enjoy the pizza!

“Cafero told fellow Republicans who had gathered at The SoNo Ice House on election night that the GOP has some “soul searching” in its future.”

What’s in YOUR refrigerator, Larry?
This state is a mess and the results are only going to exacerbate the issues. Too bad. Things could have been and can be very different.

Alan November 8, 2018 at 6:18 pm

A blonde orders a pizza and is asked if she wants it cut into six or 12 pieces.
She responds, “Six, please. I could never eat 12 pieces.”

Rick November 8, 2018 at 8:24 pm

What a story on the Green tonight. Emotions run high enough when losers win elections but when you have people from out of State show up for a peaceful demonstration it must all be good.

Mike the rally cost the city a lot money and resources and sends an image of the city to the basement. National news someone with a weapon at the Move on rally in Norwalk ct. of course its not what happened its what could of been.The headlines must be fake news.

Yep keep the stirring the pot tonight could of been a tragic event like Norwalk needed to have a tragedy.

This is another example why Norwalk needs to look at who they elect or appoint ,

While Nancy is hosting a nice event we have outsiders up the street encouraging hatred and possibly igniting a tragedy.

Nice work Mike if anyone had acted out tonight I can only imagine the pride you would taken over a self induced crowd tragedy.

Tell me Mike what I saw when i left the green ? Norwalk police protecting someone from out of State? Not to mention every Norwalk police officer at the Green must of been important the rest of the city had no police for over an hour.

Nancy had plenty of security tonight , where she doesn’t report crime we may never know what happened on the Green tonight.

Justin Papp wrote

I told the police department to go to the organizers of each group and say, ‘We’re asking you to disassemble,’” said Rilling, the city’s former police chief. “We’re asking them to just disperse so there will be no problems. But from what I can gather, it’s been peaceful on both sides.”

before that Justin wrote

the lone officer stationed at the protest called for reinforcements. When a small group of counter protesters arrived, the language grew heated and all available police units were called to the scene.

Norwalk wake up a new mall capable of producing this scenario on any subject anytime is coming soon , what is Norwalk thinking a lone officer there also?

Mike the 6 Ps

Perfect planning prevents pee poor performances.

My planning was to let you post first.