Updated, 8:50 a.m.: Revised headline, copy edits, added appeal.
NORWALK, Conn. – Here’s our annual review of the most-read stories of the year:
- NPS accused of violating state and federal SpEd laws
- Norwalk wired $900K to scammers; may settle reimbursement lawsuit
- Norwalk principal’s fans rally to oppose possible termination
- Adamowski tops 2017 list of Norwalk salaries
- D’Amelio attorney says arrest expunged; threatens lawsuit
- ‘Blindsided’ Norwalk parents seek answers after Thursday surprise
- NPS announces new West Rocks leadership team
- Rilling: ‘Very troubling’ dirt pile was not authorized
- Counter protest to Norwalk rally prompts heavy police presence
- Mothers blast Norwalk’s new preschool facility
Here’s the most-read story for each month:
- January: Norwalk goes ahead with $460K deal for 6-year option on lot next to library
- February: Mothers blast Norwalk’s new preschool facility
- March: Rilling defends Sumpter after clash at Norwalk Zoning meeting
- April: ‘Blindsided’ Norwalk parents seek answers after Thursday surprise
- May: Graduating Norwalk teens protest sudden shifts in GPA rankings
- June: Norwalk principal’s fans rally to oppose possible termination
- July: West Rocks controversy intensifies as some cry witch hunt
- August: NPS announces new West Rocks leadership team
- September: Flynn campaigns for ‘due process,’ makes many allegations
- October: NPS accused of violating state and federal SpEd laws
- November: Norwalk wired $900K to scammers; may settle reimbursement lawsuit
- December: Norwalk reval prompts serious concerns
Hello and Happy Holidays! This is NancyOnNorwalk Board Chair Bob Welsh with an urgent appeal that Nancy has not authorized.
All year, you rely on Nancy for crucial coverage of your City. Nancy relies on you for the financial support that makes it all possible. There are just five days left to have the first $1,000 of your gift doubled. National foundations will support your local news site… if you do. Will you help with a tax deductible gift today?
Every donor counts and every donation matters. Please give!
P.S. If you prefer to mail a check, please send it to Chapman Hyperlocal Media Inc., PO Box 525, Norwalk CT 06852.