Updated, 9:17 a.m.: New headline, corrected numbering.
Yes, 2019 has arrived. What were you expecting, a redo of 2017? Here are 10 predictions for the coming year, each one based on my ability to make predictions.
1. Jason Milligan takes over POKO by buying control of the project from Citigroup.
2. Brookfield pulls the plug on the SoNo Collection, halts construction and offers the project for sale as-is.
3. What Mike Barbis apologized for becomes publicly known.
4. Norwalk Republicans decline to nominate a Republican candidate for Mayor, and instead endorse independent Lisa Brinton Thomson.
5. Gov. Lamont pulls the plug on the existing Walk Bridge project and directs the CT DOT to start over with a cheaper and more practical solution.
6. Harry Rilling embraces an issue.
7. Additional gas stations, liquor stores and check cashing stores open for business in Norwalk.
8. 45 Wall Street gets windows.
9. The Memorial Day Parade proceeds without a hitch.
10. Peaches Pub & Juke Joint gets a permanent sign.
Okay, that was fun, here’s another 10:
11. Bob Welsh gets a third _______.
12. City Hall opens Department of Assistants, hires five new deputy assistants.
13. Jackie Lightfield and Diane Lauricella start Norwalk 3.0.
14. A promising new antibiotic is discovered inside Brien McMahon tunnels.
15. Donald Trump visits Norwalk, and has lunch with Mike Mushak at Chick-fil-A. Mexico pays for lunch.
16. Lisa Brinton Thomson embraces an issue that isn’t Harry.
17. Westport Weed dispensary applies for a permit to open a branch in Norwalk.
18. Rowayton welcomes affordable housing.
19. Darwin Day Dinner speaker renounces evolution.
20. John Levin gets punched in the face by 35 people who know him.
John Levin is a Chapman Hyperlocal Media Inc. Board member. The opinions expressed here are his own.