Lisa for Norwalk’s Mayor – Time to foster Norwalk’s potential

Send signed letters to [email protected]

Lisa Brinton impresses me. While the mayor’s campaign keeps trying to characterize her poorly, using words that would get one dismissed in the corporate world, Lisa IS the woman for the job! Lisa has the experience we require in Norwalk-urgently.

What do I mean by experience? How about the business acumen developed by working for AT&T/Bell Labs/Lucent in all those incarnations and in 3 different countries? Her leadership and managerial skills are manifested throughout her rising career. With that, she had the stamina and perseverance to raise two young boys across those travels, also while battling breast cancer multiple times. The woman has chutzpah by the bucket load. She also has the formal education with a Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications and a Masters in Public Policy and Administration, with an executive MBA in the middle.

Lisa has been active in Norwalk for many years. She worked on the PTO when her kids were younger; and whenever she saw a hole, she filled it. Norwalk Education Policy was lagging, so she started R.Ed Apples to push for changes. Our schools were the better for it, and many now rank at the top of the state, due to the efforts of many, of course, but Lisa was there at the beginning.

Lisa moderated debates for the League of Women Voters and drove that organization to new heights, and it lit a spark within her…she was no longer willing to sit idly by and watch the City be mismanaged. She has ideas and a platform and is running to implement them, not for her own good or the start of some political career, but on behalf of us ALL. Norwalk must have reform to foster its potential,,and she is the one to get the job done. I am with her all the way. I’m voting proudly for Lisa! I hope you join me.

Pat V. Agudow
Norwalk

Sue Haynie October 19, 2019 at 6:30 am

Agree. Lisa Brinton is the Mayor that Norwalk needs now. Lisa has the energy, background, communication skills and passion. Our current Mayor Rilling is tired, time for him to move on.

John Miller October 19, 2019 at 10:11 am

I recently attended Lisa’s presentation at Norwalk High School and was also impressed. I am definitely voting for Lisa and would encourage everyone to take a look at her web site. She is what Norwalk needs right now.

carol October 19, 2019 at 4:52 pm

time for a breath of fresh air and Lisa is it. If you do not vote for her do not complain about what is happening to our city under the old boys club.
VOTE LISA !!!!!!

Mike Mushak October 19, 2019 at 9:22 pm

Lisa Brinton’s refusal after many requests to denounce Trump and any of his egregious policies, supported by the Republican Party who endorsed her, is an automatic disqualifying factor.

Lisa is supported by the most radical Trump supporters in Norwalk, as a review of many online comments reveals. Her refusal to denounce Trump is because she doesn’t want to offend her Trump-loving supporters by her own admission.

What other compromises will Lisa makeover she becomes mayor to please her Trump-loving supporters, who she is counting on for their votes.

Norwalk has always prided itself on its tolerance and diversity, going back to its earliest days over 3 centuries ago. We’re not about to go backwards in 2019, and elect a mayor who has no backbone strong enough to denounce our racist corrupt president, just to not lose the support of the most radical right wing folks who are supporting her because she has an “R” next to her name.

We know exactly how Harry Rilling feels about Trump and his regressive and racist policies.

Yet here we are, 2 weeks before the election, and Norwalk voters still have no idea how Lisa Brinton feels about Trump and every one of his specific policies that affects every single Norwalker every day, including those not old enough to vote or even born yet.

These policies include education, immigration, climate change, gun control, women’s reproductive rights , healthcare, environmental protection, tax policy, LGBTQ rights, foreign policy, trade policy, and even white supremacy. On that last issue we know how Trump feels: these are “good people”.

So Lisa, will you finally denounce Trump and his policies as a mayoral candidate, the same as Harry Rilling has done?
This is extremely important at this moment in history, and not a “distraction” as your most vocal supporters are so quick to say whenever it’s mentioned.

For many of us, it’s literally a matter of life and death.

Tysen Canevari October 19, 2019 at 9:48 pm

Count me in as well. Harry has been good but his time has passed. Three pensions is a good reason to move on. Lisa has great character and practical knowledge.

John ONeill October 19, 2019 at 11:27 pm

@Mike You seem like you’re in the know. I know almost nothing about Lisa. That being said, would you agree that our elected officials are not necessarily being forthright on costs associated with ELL students? Shouldn’t they have been more proactive over the past 10 years obtaining funds from others besides Norwalk taxpayers? It’s only cost us $225,000,000 over past 10 years. Should be a lot more over the next 10 years…

Tysen Canevari October 19, 2019 at 11:33 pm

Mike, your same old silly comments about trump make no sense. Lisa is unaffiliated. What do you not understand? When she wins I will only regret reading all your nonsense about how she loves trump. Did Harry support the impeachment of Bill Clinton? Please tell us. Pretty please Mike. It’s so important to Norwalk. Lol

Joe October 20, 2019 at 6:03 am

Mike you’re not going to scare people into voting for the same crap we have been getting for the last 3 terms. We will vote Lisa. Such nasty things you’re implying about Trump. Don’t forget the democrats are the original party of slavery.

Jo October 20, 2019 at 7:59 am

Lifelong Democrat here. Detest Trump, almost as much as I detest Mushak’s, Duff’s, and you must infer, Rilling’s attempts to paint Lisa Brinton supporters as bearing any similarities to Trump supporters. I am a passionate Elizabeth Warren supporter because I love my country, and have hope we can be better. I am a passionate Lisa Brinton supporter because I love Norwalk, and have hope we can be better.

Isabelle Hargrove October 20, 2019 at 9:47 am

I had a recent exchange on Facebook with Mike Mushak on a topic regarding Norwalk. It quickly turned to the McCarthyism-type campaign we are currently experiencing in some parts of the country. A self-proclaimed moral authority has decided to launch an assault on all folks suspected of having voted for President Trump demanding they pass the litmus test or confess their sin. Confession will lead to a modern-day stoning, the removal from the public sphere of influence, and a permanent Scarlett letter on one’s character.

People have mostly remained silent about this threatening movement. I have until now. Why confront the aggressors? Why engage? It doesn’t really matter, does it?

Well, it does matter. It is abhorrent and deeply unamerican. It is why we loathe the inquisition, witch hunts, and more recently McCarthyism. Who we vote for is a secret and sacred right. People around the world are persecuted and killed for who they vote for or simply voting. We stand strong against that.

Regardless of who you voted for or against, who you support, like, adore, or dislike, loathe, we should all stand against this growing outing movement. Who will be next? We all know the poem; “First they came for the…, and I did not speak out—because I was … Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.”

Mike Mushak October 20, 2019 at 6:12 pm

@ Isabelle Hargrove, your description of the exchange we had is not accurate. I simply asked you “Do you support Trump?” That’s all. Simple question.

How is that in any way construed to be “McCarthyism“? I assume you know enough about American history
to know McCarthyism was a low point in American history and in the the Republican Party, similar to now when Republicans are compromising American principles and leadership for short term political gains.

For a good history lesson, look up the “”Declaration of Conscience”, the 1950 warning to the Republican Party about Republican Senator Joseph McCarthy, written by then-Republican Senator from Maine, Margaret Chase Smith.

The same declaration could have been written about today’s Republican Party who have enabled a corrupt and racist president to destroy our great country from within, taking the Republican Party down with him in their shocking refusal to stand up to this tyrant.

That’s exactly why Norwalk should not elect Lisa Brinton who also refuses to condemn Trump and his many dangerous policies, so as not to offend her base.

We still don’t know what Lisa’s positions are on all the national issues affecting every single Norwalker every day that I listed in my last comment above, two weeks before the election. We know where Harry stands!

One thing we do know: Lisa does have the Trump-supporting Republican Party endorsing her, and the core base of her support are Trump supporters as anyone can see by the public comments bring made, including Isabelle’s bizarre and defensive response to my simple question.

Read it for yourself, since she brought up the subject. This is our exchange verbatim from Facebook’s Hour Newsroom site which is fully public and not a private group:

Me: “Isabelle, do you support Trump?”

Isabelle: “I will not take part in your witch hunt. It is abhorrent and deeply unamerican. It is everything I stand against and it is chocking behavior to me. We do not live under the inquisition, thankfully! Let’s keep it that way.”

Me: “I’m so sorry. I didn’t realize asking you if you support the President was “unamerican” or “ abhorrent”, or “an inquisition” or “witch hunt” . I thought it would just require a simple yes or no! Please accept my apology. I won’t ask you again if you support the President of the United States.”

I rest my case.

Not Surprised October 21, 2019 at 8:00 am

Mike mushak

I don’t believe you understand just how off putting and out of line your behavior is regarding Trump and anyone you perceive as being a “Trump supporter”. It’s the classic progressive tactic to shout down and denounce anyone who holds a differing view than your progressive stance.

What is more appalling is that you still hold a commission position in the Rilling Administration. That alone speaks volumes as to the party-centric, party before Norwalk nature of the Rilling campaign. I have been reading your myopic comments for well over three years now – they are insulting and degrading and anything but “ tolerant”.

Mayor Rilling do you support Mike Mushak’s attacks on concerned Norwalk citizens? And why have you allowed this activity by Mike Mushak for so long? I hope this line of questioning makes it into the debate.

John ONeill October 21, 2019 at 5:08 pm

@Mike — Still waiting for your thoughts on whether you think our elected officials have dropped the ball on ELL support from state/fed? The dollars are staggering, don’t you think?

Residente October 21, 2019 at 9:03 pm

Agree.. @ Mushak, very off putting and irrelevant points. Concerning that you work for the administration and attempt to reach so far..