NORWALK, Conn. – NancyOnNorwalk has compiled candidate biographies by summarizing the information provided on their websites.
Here you will read about District D Common Council candidates.
Thomas Keegan, Republican incumbent
- Norwalk homeowner since 1985.
- Common Council District D 2019-present.
- Greenwich Police Department Lieutenant (retired).
- Greenwich Police Special Police Executive Officer.
- Married with four children and one stepdaughter, all of whom attended Norwalk Public Schools.
- Norwalk Athletic Association president.
- Retired Police Association of Greenwich president.
- Cranbury Elementary School former PTO president.
- Conservation Commission member 2018-2019.
- Seven-year Norwalk resident.
- Licensed practical nurse.
- Emergency medical technician.
- Holds a bachelor’s in nursing.
- Organizes community donations.
- Runs a garden group with free plants to anyone in our community.
- Holds a bachelor’s in nursing nursing degree (LPN), a BSN in Psychology, and is a certified EMT.
- Is a student of Psy.MS.
- Grew up in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Married with three daughters, ages 7, 5, and 3.
- Prioritizes environmental sustainability, improved sidewalks, outdoor classrooms, mental health programs, healthy eating in schools, proper funding of social services, financial reviews of city entities and responsible use of taxes.
- 25-year Norwalk District D resident.
- Norwalk Historical Society executive director.
- Norwalk Green Association co-founder.
- Held technical and management positions in software systems engineering at Fortune 100 corporations for over 20 years.
- Norwalk Art Space advisory board member.
- Holds a bachelor’s. in computer systems engineering from University of Massachusetts Amherst, plus several museum operations certificates.
- Raised two children with her husband, both of whom attended Norwalk Public Schools.
- Wants to be involved in Norwalk’s plans for the future, by listening to residents and business owners to learn their current and future needs.
- Values the importance of continuing to invest in our children and schools, making it a top priority.
- Advocate for fiscal responsibilityand smart development plans as Norwalk grows.
- Will work to preserve and maintain Norwalk’s open land spaces, parks, and waterways.
- Supports plans for a walkable and bike friendly City. Will encourage the City to look at more traffic calming approaches.
- Recognizes that Norwalk’s diversity makes it a desirable place to live. Will promote inclusion and equity in all that we do.
Heather E. Dunn, Independents for Norwalk
- 35-year Norwalk resident.
- Special education teacher at Norwalk High School.
- Holds a bachelor’s in special education from Fairfield University, and a bachelor’s in fine arts from Lehigh University.
- Norwalk Association of Silvermine Homeowners president.
- Coalition of Norwalk Neighborhood Associations board member.
- Norwalk Emergency Response Team member.
- Western Connecticut Red Cross disaster recovery supervisor.
- Red Cross U.S. northeast region disability integration team member.
- SoNo Arts Celebration past president.