NORWALK, Conn. — Here is a list of recent headlines of note, from a COVID-19 vaccination roundup to a Norwalk-based national celebrity losing 1 million TikTok followers, or less than 1 percent of her fan base.
Most notably, a former Norwalk official has been arrested. Emmet Hibson, who served as Norwalk Personnel Director for just over two years before departing in mid-2016, is accused of conspiracy and illegally disposing of PCBs and solid waste, the Connecticut Post reports.
“A cabal of senior Fairfield town officials conspired with the head of a Clinton environmental cleanup company to illegally dispose of hundreds of yards of highly-contaminated soil while assuring town residents and employees forced to work with the material that everything was safe, according to arrest warrant affidavits released Thursday,” the Post story states.
Hibson’s tenure with Fairfield ended in January, according to his LinkedIn page. It does not list current employment. He was on the New Haven Board of Police Commissioners from July 2012 to July 2016.
And here are the other headlines:
- The coronavirus vaccine frontrunners are advancing quickly. Here’s where they stand.
- Charli and Dixie D’Amelio criticized for being rude to their personal chef in video
- Cost Of Racism: U.S. Economy Lost $16 Trillion Because Of Discrimination, Bank Says
- All Those Used Delivery Boxes Are a Hot Commodity
- Maine Non-Profit to Continue Wreaths Across America
- Hillsong announces investigation of NYC church after firing of celebrity pastor Carl Lentz
Hillsong Church is known here for holding services in the Wall Street Theater. The Wreaths Across America caravan has stopped in Norwalk for at least the last three years.
And here are some older headlines:
- Report: Norwalk home of Charli, Dixie D’Amelio listed for sale
- Dunkin’ Names Drink After Charli D’Amelio, TikTok’s Most-Followed Star
- Dozens of top influencers gathered for a massive Hype House birthday party despite record COVID-19 numbers in California
Updated, 5 a.m. Saturday: More information.