Quantcast

Malloy promises more school security funds in next budget

Gov. Dannel P. Malloy and U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal (Hugh McQuaid photo)
Gov. Dannel P. Malloy and U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal (Hugh McQuaid photo)
The general election is Tuesday, Nov. 4.
The general election is Tuesday, Nov. 4.

HARTFORD, Conn. – Gov. Dannel P. Malloy announced $22 million in new state funding for school security projects Friday at Manchester High School. Malloy, who is locked in a close re-election battle, said he will propose at least $10 million more next year if he’s re-elected Tuesday.

The state dollars will be used to reimburse over 400 public and private Connecticut schools for security upgrades. The program was adopted last year as part of the sweeping gun control legislation passed in the wake of the Newtown shooting. Friday’s announcement brings the total state funding under the program to $43 million.

During a press conference, Malloy said he hopes to dedicate more money to the projects in next year’s budget.

“I have called for in our upcoming budget, at a minimum, an additional $10 million and that number may grow based on a survey that we’ll conduct,” he said.

See the complete story at CT News Junkie.

Comments

2 responses to “Malloy promises more school security funds in next budget”

  1. John Hamlin

    More spending promises. I wish politicians would indicate how they would pay for the programs they promise to implement.

  2. Norwalk Sage

    Pure pandering. Malloy is using state funds to get himself elected.

Leave a Reply


Recent Comments