By Nancy Guenther Chapman
NORWALK, Conn. – A $50,000 reward is being offered for information in a 2011 double homicide, Norwalk Police say.
Information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the Aug. 6, 2011 murders of Iroquois Alston and Rickita Smalls will qualify for the reward, the Office of the Chief State’s Attorney for the Judicial District of Stamford/Norwalk and Norwalk Police Chief Thomas Kulhawik said in a press release.
The victims’ bodies were found early that morning inside a vehicle awkwardly parked on Avenue B. Both had been shot.
Gov. Dannel Malloy approved the reward under 54-48 of the Connecticut General Statutes, after Kulhawik asked State’s Attorney David Cohen to make the request, the press release said.
“I am very pleased that both State’s Attorney Cohen and the governor are supporting our request. We hope that this reward will lead to information that will allow us to bring those persons responsible for this crime to justice,” said Kulhawik in the release.
“This reward is another tool to help detectives further their investigation,” said Cohen in the release. “I am thankful the governor has approved this request, and I join the chief in asking those with information to come forward.”
Anyone with information is urged to contact Norwalk Police via:
- Norwalk Police Tipline at 203-854-3111
- Anonymous Internet Tips can be sent via the Norwalk Police website
- Anonymous text tips can be submitted by typing “NPD” into the text field, followed by the message, and sending it to CRIMES (274637)
Leave a Reply
You must Register or Login to post a comment.