By Christine Stuart
HARTFORD, Conn. – The federal government has had trouble dealing with the tens of thousands of people who had difficulties signing up for plans under the Affordable Care Act, but Connecticut consumers have been swiftly making their way through an appeals process, according to state officials.
Since the Oct. 1 launch of Access Health CT, Connecticut’s insurance exchange, there have been 470 appeals filed by individuals who, for a variety of reasons, were unable to obtain coverage or were not able to get the appropriate premium tax subsidy applied to the plan they bought.
That’s compared to the 22,000 filed by Americans from the 36 states using Healthcare.gov. A Washington Post article from earlier this month says those appeals are sitting untouched in a government computer that no one was able to access. A spokeswoman for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services later told the paper that they were working on the problem and coming up with an appeals process. White House spokesman Jay Carney has said many of the appeals were resolved after problems with the website were fixed.
See the complete story at CT News Junkie.