Anthony Allison is the Chief Initiative Officer of Norwalk ACTS.
Shout Out to the Norwalk Community College Graduating Class of 2019, which included sixteen students from the Norwalk Public Schools – Norwalk Early College Academy (NECA) program.
NECA follows the Pathways in Technology Early College High School model. NECA is an innovative public school — within the Norwalk Public Schools — spanning grades 9-14 that brings together the best elements of high school, college and career. Within six years, students graduate with a high school diploma and a no-cost associate’s degree in a competitive STEM discipline, along with the skills and knowledge needed to continue their studies or step easily into high-growth, “new collar” jobs. These positions are in some of the nation’s fastest-growing industries where what matters most is having in-demand skills.
Congratulations to all of the 2019 NECA graduates! The Norwalk community is very proud of you!
Software Engineering majors:
1. Cristian Ghetu – UConn
2. Erik Criollo – UConn
3. Derick Ruiz – UConn
4. Jahneek Robin – University of Miami
5. Michaela Jemison – Widener University
6. Julia Turek – UConn
7. Alejandro Galdamez (Year 5) – Undecided
8. Carol Cabrera (Year 5) – NCC pursuing a second degree in science
9. Jacqueline Muralles (Year 5) – NCC pursuing a second degree in science
10. Nik Bistolas (Year 5) – Undecided
Web Development majors:
1. Daniel DeMenezes – Catholic University
2. Joshua Oberst – Dickinson University
3. Alyssa Pressley – Roger Williams University
4. Leo Gonzalez – UConn
5. Emiliano Vega – University of New Haven
6. Angel Reyes (Year 5) – Drexel University
At the commencement ceremonies, Norwalk ACTS was honored by Norwalk Community College with the Distinguished Service Award…. “It is an honor for Norwalk Community College (NCC) to present Norwalk ACTS with the Community Service Award. Through its efforts to unite over 100 civic organizations and individuals in pursuit of social justice, Norwalk ACTS furthers the equity agenda of NCC,” said NCC President, Dr. David Levinson.